The Institute of Corporative Security Studies - ICS Ljubljana is composed of the following bodies:
- Institute Council
- Scientific Council/Council of Experts
- Director of the ICS Ljubljana institute
The activities of the ICS Ljubljana include the following:
- research and development,
- business counselling,
- standardisation and evaluation,
- security geopolitics.
The mission of the ICS Ljubljana is to incorporate and develop new knowledge, experiences, findings and needs as well as to promote interests in the field of corporative security in, both, national and international environments.
We create enhancing links and thereby build our way to success!
The mission of the Institute of Corporative Security Studies is expressed by implementing research and development activities, studying security phenomena and producing studies in the field of corporative security, evaluation of geopolitical security vulnerability assessments, risks and threats in both, national and international corporate environments, by building comprehensive integral security systems comprising people and assets, systemic measures in the field of confidentiality protection, systemic approaches in the field of informational security, organisation of scientific and professional conference activities and education, as well as research and development in the above-mentioned fields of work. In addition to the stated missions, the Institute also carries out standardisation and evaluation activities related to the above fields of work.
The vision of the ICS Ljubljana is to create top-level knowledge, technologies and processes in the area of corporative security while managing the entire scope of security risks. With a responsible and professional provision of comprehensive services in the area of corporative security, we create safer and richer future for the users of our services and knowledge.
With good organisation, innovative approach, top-level experts and equipment as well as with established solutions, we, at the Institute of Corporative Studies – ICS Ljubljana will provide for comprehensive management of security risks in business and other environments, economic effectiveness and satisfaction of the users of our services. In close relation with the interested entities in, both, public and private environments, we will provide for long-term development of scientific and professional knowledge in the field of corporative security. Security risk management is one of the crucial factors in achieving excellence and competitive position which especially become evident in business and economic environments.
The strategic objectives of the ICS Ljubljana are directed to intensive participation in the promotion of development of comprehensive security systems in the area of corporative security, which directly influence risk management in business, development, economic, national security and other environments.
By ensuring the realization of strategic goals, we are building the path to success!
The vision of the ICS Ljubljana will be achieved through the set strategic objectives, which are the following:
- to create top-level science and introduce excellence in the area of corporative security;
- to transfer knowledge to the users;
- to provide education as the key element of ensuring a higher level of security awareness of all parts of society in the area of corporative security and thereby ensure comprehensive management of security risks;
- to continuously improve organisation which would enable flexibility, good transfer of information and would enhance cooperation between the ICS and the interested parties;
- to improve equipment and increase research infrastructure;
- to ensure funding which provides continuous growth and development;
- to strive for autonomy of operation.
In its operation, the ICS Ljubljana endeavours to respect the following values:
- to provide quality and credible content in the area of corporative security;
- to provide research, education and business excellence;
- to maintain respectful and honest relationship with the employees, which is based on mutual respect, responsibility and effort to live up to the principles of excellence;
- to maintain honest long-term relationships with our users, related educational and research institutions and business partners;
- to create value for our employees, owners, users and the business community in the area of corporative security;
- to act responsibly towards the environment and community in which we operate.