The purpose of the event
This meeting will be dedicated to "Challenges of cyber security in the introduction of intelligent energy solutions". The topic will be specifically dedicated to opening a discussion related to the introduction of intelligent energy systems and solutions, most of which are based on support for the digitization process. This, in turn, opens serious challenges related to ensuring the cyber security of information systems that will support the smooth operation of new energy systems. In the next period, a great deal of attention and financial support will be paid to this process of introducing alternative energy sources at the EU level. Proper understanding of the challenges on the one hand and the opportunities on the other will make us more competitive and efficient in the safe implementation of these demanding processes. We will witness tectonic shifts in the use of energy sources, which will be an extremely important challenge from the point of view of ensuring the continuity of our key processes.
The event will take place in a combination of an introductory lecture and a round table discussion in which you, our valuable participants, will also be able to participate. Only in this way will we find the right solutions and develop good practices that will help us to ensure higher corporate security in our environments.
Indicative points of discussion
- The impact of changed energy trends on ensuring the uninterrupted operation of electricity supply.
- Alternative energy sources and strategic directions envisaged by the EU.
- Ensuring cyber security through digitization processes that support the continuous operation of new energy solutions.
- Good practices and projects implemented by organizations in the field of ensuring green energy transformation.
- New funding models and opportunities for organizations.
- Dr. Janez Kopač, Director of the Energy Community
Round table guests
- Dr. Uroš Svete - Information Security Administration of the Republic of Slovenia
- MSc. Gorazd Ažman - ELES d.o.o.
- Mr. Žiga Fišer - Luka Koper d.d.
- Mr. Anže Zaletel - Iskraemeco d.d.
- Mr. Slobodan Jovanovski - Iskratel, d.o.o., Kranj
- Mrs. Ana Struna Bregar, CER - Partnerships for a Sustainable Economy of Slovenia
- Dr. Denis Čaleta, Institute for Corporate Security Studies, ICS-Ljubljana
- 12:50 setting up a session and checking the connection
- 13:00 presentation of guests and announcement of content
- 13:10 - 13:30 Introductory lecture "Challenges that await us in the introduction of intelligent energy efficient solutions"
- 13:30 - 14:25 round table discussion with invited guests
Date and location of the event
Date: April 7, 2021 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Participants will be able to follow the discussion live via the online platform.
The online event will be recorded, and the recording will be published on the website and YouTube channel of the event organizers (ICS Ljubljana and CER).